- The search box is case-sensitive thus 'Paab-2' tree sample is not the same as 'PAAB-2' tree sample.
- Currently can only search for Tree Samples and Ameriflux markers.
- When a species or genus is selected, only markers of that species or genus type will be displayed on the map. To remove, click the "Remove" button next to the text for the particular species or genus.
- Additional Tree Sample filtering can be enabled once the markers are displayed on the map. Checking the box for a particular type, will turn on that filter. Using the Yes/No toggle switch allows users to find positive or negative matches to that filter.
- Phenotype Search box is available to filter phenotypes for TreeGenes' Tree Samples.
- If TRY-DB checkbox is enabled, TRY-DB markers will be dispalyed on the map for the particular species or genus filter selected. A trait search box also appears when this checkbox is enabled which allows users to filter for TRY-DB trait terms.
- Only Ameriflux and WorldClim markers do not apply these same filter since hey are not species specific.
For each of these marker icon sets, there are two icons: one to represent Gymnosperms, and one to represent Angiosperms.
- These icons represent TreeGenes' tree samples with exact coordinates that were measured.
- These icons represent TreeGenes' tree samples with approximated coordinates that were derived from general information given with the data, such as a county region, city, park, etc.
- These icons represent TRY-DB sites.
- Only icons without a number indication clusters can be selected with the tool. To delete a selection polygon off the map, select the polygon and click on the "Delete Selected Shape" button.
- Only Tree Samples, TRY-DB, and Ameriflux markers will be selected with tool. All other icons will not display in the Selected Markers section.
- When icons appear in the polygon after the polygon is drawn, it will be automatically be selected.
- Deleting the polygon will not de-select the marker fom the Selected Markers section.
Layers Repository Help
- The second dropdown is the opacity at which to display the layers. 1 = no transparency, 0.1 = almost completely transparent.
- The button to add layer will only appear when a particular layer is selected.
- The 'Layer Info' link will open a new window with more information about the specific layer.
- Once added to the map, the layer will also appear under the Active Layer List section which will allow the user the ability to toggle the layer on and off, but also remove the layer.
Upload ArcGIS Hosted Layer Help
- The URL must end with '/MapServer' for the layer to be called and added on top of the base map.
- Currently only works with RESTful services from arcgisonline.
Active Layer List Help
- If different layers are turned on, it will be displayed in the order off the list (i.e. the top one listed will be on top of everything else).
- Clicking on layer name will redirect to the MapServer page with complete information about the map layer.
Selected Markers Help
- Click on the ID pans the map to that specific marker and opening the information window associated with it.
- Delete option is displayed if any of the markers are checked under Type.
Selected Menu Help
- The Common Amplicon tool can be used to compare two different TreeGenes tree samples to get more information about annotations. Subsequent steps allow this data to be downloaded as a CSV or selections to be sent to SSWAP.
- The DiversiTree Input File option can be used to generate a bulk uploader input file for selected Tree Samples.
- The SSWAP Pipeline option can be used to send the selected data to the SSWAP pipeline.
- The Delete Selected option can be used to delete selected map markers.