Summary of ADEPT
The goal of this project is to develop an infrastructure for identifying alleles at candidate gene loci that can be used to greatly accelerate loblolly pine tree improvement. If selection could be based directly on the alleles in superior trees, the rate of genetic improvement could be accelerated.
News & Updates
- 04/14/2004 - Quarterly Reports now posted
- 03/24/2003 - The Project Data Page has been updated with the addition of link for Georgia-ESTs. The main page has been updated with the addition of Disease Resistance Gene discovery Page.
- 01/03/02 - New items have been posted to the Project Data Page. A Staff Page for current contact information of people directly involved in the ADEPT project has been added.
- 04/03/02 - The first quarterly reports are beginning to arrive and are being posted at the Project Data Page upon arrival.
- 08/01/02 - The candidate genes for Water Deficit Response are posted on the Project Data Page now. The candidate genes for Disease Resistance will be posted soon.
- 10/17/02 - Second Quarterly Reports are completed and now available at Project Data Page-Quarterly Reports.
|July 20-28, 2014|
IUFRO Sixth International Poplar Symposium
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|August 24-28 , 2014|
International Conference "Lignin 2014"
|August 25-29, 2014|
2014 IUFRO Forest Tree Breeding Conference
Prague, Czech Republic
|Ersoz E.S., Wright M.H., Gonzalez-Martinez S.C., Langley C.H., Neale D.B. (2010) Evolution of Disease Response Genes in Loblolly Pine: Insights from Candidate Genes. PLoS ONE. 5:1-12. Full Text.
|Eckert A.J., Ersoz E.S., Pande B., Wright M.H., Rashbrook V.K., Nicolet C.M., Neale D.B. (2009) High-throughput genotyping and mapping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.). Tree Genetics and Genomes. 5:225-234. Full Text.
|Neale D.B., Ingvarsson Par K. (2008) Population, quantitative and comparative genomics of adaptation in forest trees. Current Opinion in Plant Biology. 11:149-155. Full Text.
Latest Meeting Abstracts
|Neale D.B. 2009. Association studies for complex traits in conifers. Genome Scans and Association Mapping. Workshop on Opportunities, Challenges and Limitations of Genomics-Based Technologies in Forest Tree Breeding and Forest Genetics. October 9, 2009.